please see the links below for more Holidays in this country.
Family Holiday Parks in France, Spain and Italy
Dolphin Marine Experience for two £59
If you would like to be listed here for Worldwide Holidays please email.</p
Swimming Pools and Beaches
- Never leave children unsupervised.
- Never go swimming alone.
- Do not swim for 1 hour after a meal. Amongst other things do remember to familiarise yourself with and check the following: Depth markings in the swimming pool in relation to height of yourself and children and also for jumping and diving.
- Read any notices relating to the swimming pool and surrounding area and never swim when the pool is closed.
- Always check that there is water in the pool and take care when walking (never run) round the edge as it may be slippery. Tides and currents. Non swimming areas. Depth of water. Submerged objects
50 ways to save on your holidays
SCHOOLS are clamping down on parents who take their children on holiday during term time. At best, to get permission for even one extra day off at either end of a holiday requires a degree of form filling and letter writing that wouldn’t be out of place in a Soviet police station. Even then, the final decision rests on the whim of the chairman of governors. While the difference a day makes to a child’s education is unquantifiable, it can add thousands of pounds to the price of a family holiday. But with this option of saving money virtually outlawed, how do you stick within the rules without breaking the bank?
Here are some examples from the article on how to save money on your holiday. Visit “Holiday Money” to read the holiday article in full.
13. Save up for the holiday you really want You don’t have to slum it. If you plan ahead and save your money like people did in the ‘olden’ days, you can have the holiday you want, where you want and when you want – even in the school holidays.
14. Take your bike If you can’t travel in the small hours, taking your family by car to the Continent in the summer can cost a small fortune. So long as you tell the ferry company in advance, most will allow you to take your bikes for free. This is especially viable if you’re visiting Holland or the Belgian coast, which are famously rather flat.
15. Go youth hostelling Did you know that in spite of the name, youth hostels are not the preserve of the young – and many have family rooms?
Visit Mickey Mouse, Cinderella, and all of the other Walt Disney characters at World Disney World in Florida – don’t book a hotel room, rent a luxury villa within minutes of the theme parks. Florida villas for rent near Walt Disney World with private swimming pool.
22. Visit cheap countries Sounds obvious but take Greece – once a cheap option for a family holiday. Rampant inflation on the back of its entry to the euro and its new-found upmarket view of itself as Olympic host and European football champions, it has become relatively expensive. Italy on the other hand is still delightfully reasonable.
23. Don’t use the Gatwick Express If you’re travelling from central London to Gatwick airport or vice versa you have a choice or rail operators. The non-stop Gatwick Express, which charges around £24 one way for an adult, and the two-stop Southern service, which takes FIVE minutes longer but costs a mere £9. Note: For the Heathrow and Stansted Express services it’s less clear cut as the alternatives, though cheaper, can be overcrowded and therefore less reliable.
40. Beware the passport photo ‘scam’ The rules on passport photos are now so strict that if you use a photo booth it may take three or four attempts, around £14, before you get two pictures that obey all the rules on size, reflection, smile and head size. So forget the booths and go to a photographer who specialises in passport photos. You can refuse to pay if the pictures are no good.
41. The foreign school holiday trick When travelling abroad, check out the timings of the school holidays in the country you are visiting. In France, the school summer holidays end before they do in the UK. If you can wait a few weeks longer than normal before going away you will find that rates in holiday accommodation drop dramatically since you are no longer in their peak period. You will need to book direct with the French operator and make sure you have the school uniform laid out ready for school the morning after you return.
42. Beat the fly-drive system When taking a fly-drive holiday in Florida many of the package deals include a ‘compact’ car. When collecting your car from the hire desk the staff may try to convince you to pay for an upgrade using techniques such as explaining how uncomfortable a family of five will be in a compact car, which is a little bigger than a Ford Escort. However, you may find you get the upgrade without parting with any money. Americans tend not to hire compacts so the hire companies don’t have many in stock. Reject any requests for additional costs, take the keys and go to the car lot, where hopefully you will find a much larger car, which hasn’t cost you a cent more.
Coming Soon A wide variety of holiday choices in the UK and also holidays in Europe and abroad.
Please email if you would like your holiday link here