Thompson Holidays Sri Lanka
Holidays in Sri Lanka have everything you need for a relaxing break a sightseeing extravaganza – or a bit of both! Whether you’re turned on by fabulous beaches and exotic culture or wandering through old colonial plantations is more your cup of tea Sri Lanka holidays are for you. What’s more the famous ‘Teardrop Island’ has enough eye-catching scenery to make even the most experienced traveller well up with emotion. After all it happened to professional globetrotter Marco Polo who called this place the ‘finest island on earth’.
- The endlessly photogenic and uniquely dramatic 5th Century rock fortress at Sigiriya rising sheer out of the jungle plains. Climb to the summit for unbroken vistas in every direction and don’t miss the exquisite cave frescoes.
- The ancient capitals of Anuradhapura and Polonnaruwa – sprawling complexes of romantically ruined palaces processional avenues mansions and temples.
- The enchanting cultural and religious centre of Kandy blessed with a mild temperate climate and clear air.
- The vibrantly colourful and historically significant cave temples at Dambulla.
- The charming elephant orphanage at Pinnawela.
- The consistently outstanding food – a ‘typical’ dinner might consist of seven or eight fragrant and spicy dishes reflecting the cosmopolitan blend of cultures in the country.
Travel to Sri Lanka and make your dream Holiday come true! Holiday in Sri Lanka is ideal if you’re looking forward to have fun enjoy the sunshine and frolic in white sandy beaches. If you want to do bird watching see wildlife paying a visit to Ceylon (as Sri Lanka known in back in time) will be a holiday you’ll never forget.
Sri Lanka holidays definitely have a great deal to offer with good accommodation close to superb beaches. All sorts of water sports are available such as snorkelling and scuba diving and the waters are warm and clear. In cities such as Kandy the awesome history of Sri Lanka can be seen in temples such as the Dalada Maligawa which features incredible decorative walls and an ornate golden roof.